[webkit-dev] Debugging With Xcode

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Tue Apr 24 00:18:10 PDT 2012

I have updated to the latest Xcode.

My current hack for being able to build from the command line as well
as within Xcode is that I've manually added symlinks from
Source/WebCore/build -> ../../WebKitBuild (since it no longer seems
possible to set a global build directory).  It seems to be working
mostly (it likes to re-link, but is at least not re-compiling when I
switch between build-webkit and Xcode).

I'm told that the Xcode4 way to share build directories is with
"Workspaces"? [1] Has anyone set up a workspace file for WebKit that I
could use?  I don't see one in the repository.

Thanks.

-eric

1. http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#featuredarticles/XcodeConcepts/Concept-Workspace.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009328-CH7-SW1