[webkit-dev] Is converting pixel tests to reftests kosher for imported libraries?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Thu Apr 12 14:04:33 PDT 2012

Correction: the person from Opera who tried to add reference files
is Geoffrey Sneddon as Anne pointed out.

+Ms2ger, +ehsan from Mozilla, and +jgraham from Opera.

Also note that both Ehsan and James have pointed out that my concern that a
test and the corresponding ref will match for wrong reasons (e.g. the
entire page is blank) could be be mitigated by having good noref
(expected-mismatch in WebKit convention). James also noted that they
haven't had such problems in practice.

Given their experience and knowledge working with reftest, I change my
position and will support writing our own reference files as well. But I'm
still interested in moving forward with upstreaming our reference files to
the W3C repository and making clear distinction between ones we import and
ones we write ourselves.

- Ryosuke