[webkit-dev] Is converting pixel tests to reftests kosher for imported libraries?

Robert Hogan lists at roberthogan.net
Thu Apr 12 12:50:56 PDT 2012

On Thursday 12 April 2012 00:58:47 Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:
> > I agree with the sentiment that we should be upstreaming these to the
> > W3C, but I don't see why we would require upstreaming them first
> > instead of committing them locally and then upstreaming them.
>
> How do we know whether a reference file came from W3C repository or not.
> (Maybe by the fact it's named *-expected.html?)

Yes, that is it exactly. Presumably that's by design - as NRWT currently
won't use anything like *-ref.htm unless it's in a manifest.

> Also, there are directories with reftest.list but without reference
> files for some tests. The last time I checked, you were opposed to
> having bot reftest.list and *-expected.html / *-expected-mismatch.html
> files. Have you changed your opinion on this?

It would be good if this was allowed. It would allow us to import the
reftest.list from the CSS test suite while keeping our own reference
results in there for tests in the suite that don't have them yet.