[webkit-dev] List of prefixed APIs in WebKit

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Fri Apr 6 18:10:03 PDT 2012

As you might be aware, there's been some amount of debate in the
browser community recently about the use of vendor prefixes in the web
platform.  I'm sure many of you have opinions on this topic, but
rather than triggering a long thread about this topic, I'd like to
start by gathering some data about WebKit's current use of vendor
prefixes.

I've put together a list of all the vendor-prefixed APIs I could find
in WebKit, at least for DOM interfaces:

https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/PrefixedAPIs

I'd like to try to understand the current status of these APIs on the
standards track.  If you happen to know which specifications contain
these various APIs (and the standardization status of these
specifications), would you be so kind as to add a link from the wiki
to the specification?  If there isn't a specification, please feel
encouraged to note that on the wiki together with any information
you're aware of about future plans for writing a specification.

I'll do my best to fill in the gaps in a few days.

Many thanks,
Adam

P.S., If you'd be willing to fill in the list of vendor-prefixed CSS
properties, I'd appreciate that as well.