[webkit-dev] It's time to remove the Haiku port

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Sun Sep 25 00:34:35 PDT 2011

On April 9, 2010, I wrote an email to webkit-dev asking if it was time
to remove the Haiku port:

http://old.nabble.com/Archiving-the-Haiku-port--(was-WebKit2-and-all-that-jazz)-td28197730.html

At the time, the port appeared inactive.  Stephan Assmus and Maxime
Simon wrote that they planned to continue development of the port.  As
far as I can tell, neither of them have contributed a patch to WebKit
since May 3, 2010.

http://trac.webkit.org/search?q=superstippi&changeset=on
http://trac.webkit.org/search?q=maxime&changeset=on

In the past year, http://trac.webkit.org/log/trunk/Source/WebKit/haiku
and http://trac.webkit.org/log/trunk/Source/WebCore/platform/haiku
have been modified 70 times by non-Haiku contributors and zero times
by Haiku contributors.

As part of our effort to reduce complexity in WebKit, I believe it is
now time to remove the Haiku port.

Adam