[webkit-dev] Mouse Lock API

James Robinson jamesr at google.com
Wed Sep 21 11:21:56 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org> wrote:

> 21.09.2011, в 10:56, Eric Uhrhane написал(а):
>
> >> one can always move the mouse pointer to top of screen to get back their
> menu bar.
> > Is that a Mac thing?
>
> Yes, this is how fullscreen applications regularly work on OS X.

This is not true for several Flash-based fullscreen video players that I've
used on my mac.  The interaction there is that upon entering fullscreen
Flash displays an overlay indicating that hitting ESC will exit fullscreen
mode and the video player displays its controls near the bottom of the
screen.  After these fade away, the video controls appear only when moving
the mouse pointer to the bottom ~1/3rd of the screen.  Moving the mouse
pointer to the top of the screen does nothing.  Hitting ESC or clicking on
the appropriate button in the video player's controls exits fullscreen mode.
 This seems entirely reasonable to me, the keyboard control is provided by
Flash itself to prevent bad SWFs from taking control of my computer and the
SWF itself provides the additional controls that make sense for its domain.

- James