[webkit-dev] Mouse Lock API

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Wed Sep 21 11:11:47 PDT 2011

21.09.2011, в 10:56, Eric Uhrhane написал(а):

>> one can always move the mouse pointer to top of screen to get back their menu bar.
> Is that a Mac thing?

Yes, this is how fullscreen applications regularly work on OS X.

>  Mousing around in a fullscreen flash app on
> Linux or Windows 7 certainly doesn't pop up a menu bar when I hit the
> top.  And the way out is always to hit ESC [although there's often a
> button as well, depending on the application], so I'm not sure what
> the problem with fullscreen mouse lock would be.

I do not have recent knowledge of Linux, but my understanding is that Windows UI is undergoing a major redesign with Metro, so basing APIs largely on how Windows used to work up to version 7 may not be future proof.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov