[webkit-dev] Implementing HTML5 time element

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Sep 16 12:02:26 PDT 2011

The biggest question for me for this feature is what locale-specific formatting we plan for these dates and times. Will we be adding more code to the WebCore platform layer to do this? Will we use locale-specific formatting code already present in JavaScriptCore, perhaps moving it to WTF for the convenience of folks who use WebKit without JavaScriptCore?

Adding the element should be straightforward. Formatting the date and time is the only tricky part.

I think there’s probably minimal feature-bloat worry on this feature, but since WebCore has no platform independent locale-specific machinery there is a “how to fit this in with the platforms and port it” worry.

    -- Darin