[webkit-dev] Committing EFL baselines

Peter Kasting pkasting at chromium.org
Mon Sep 12 14:11:26 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:56 PM, David Levin <levin at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Peter Kasting <pkasting at chromium.org>wrote:
>
>> In particular, if we have pixel tests that don't need to be pixel tests at
>> all, or font rendering differences due to explanatory text that could be
>> moved to an HTML comment inside the test itself, we can obviate the need for
>> port-specific baselines in many of those cases (and eliminate more baselines
>> from ports already in the tree, and reduce the burden on other ports that
>> want to run pixel tests, and reduce the maintenance cost of changing the
>> tests).
>>

> Are y'all suggesting that efl port should do these items (converting pixel
> tests to non-pixel tests) before committing their baselines?

I don't think it's fair to force the EFL folks to do all this.  I do think
all ports would benefit from it and all ports should be spending some effort
on this kind of thing.  Inasmuch as there is an opportunity here for doing
this work to minimize the landing cost for the EFL baselines, I'm raising
this so that those folks can keep the option in mind and make use of it
opportunistically.

PK