[webkit-dev] How do I turn off timeout for unresponsive plug-ins, to allow long debug sessions

Rudi Sherry rsherry at adobe.com
Fri Oct 7 16:37:04 PDT 2011

Hi Anders,

Thanks, it does work, with one caveat, can you confirm:

For Safari 5.1 it appears that it should be:

defaults write com.apple.Safari DisablePluginProcessMessageTimeout YES

...no "WebKit" prefix.

Some searching shows the "WebKit" prefix was added after 5.1, Aug 9 in changeset 92716, eight days after my Safari 5.1 is dated (Aug 1).

Thanks,
Rudi