[webkit-dev] layout tests cannot set Generic RGB Color Profile on headless MacPro?

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Fri Oct 7 12:09:56 PDT 2011

At least as of Snow Leopard, it was impossible to run the layout
tests, without a login-session/security context.

You would need to be physically logged into the machine, and then run
the tests from VNC/Remote Desktop for them to work.  In snow leopard
SSHing to a machine (without being physically logged in) did not
create the right kind of session to support DumpRenderTree (which
needs to talk to the pasteboard and window servers among other
things).

It may be possible to run the tests from SSH if you are also logged
via the console.

It used to be the case that you could run a Mac headless, but you need
to boot them with a monitor attached if you wanted things like the
layout tests and performance tests (like the PLT) to run correctly.
(You could disconnect the monitor after initial boot and the mac would
behave as though it was connected.)

-eric