[webkit-dev] New feature flag proposal: Joystick API

Scott Graham scottmg at chromium.org
Thu Oct 6 13:49:51 PDT 2011

Hi Alexey,

The first revision of the spec (from the Scope section) is intended to
handle:

... support for devices common to current gaming systems including gamepads,
directional pads, joysticks, wheels, pedals, accelerometers.

This is based on a somewhat generic treatment of axes and buttons that are
exposed as normalized floating point values. There has been some discussion
of attempting to further generalize but in an attempt to limit to a
tractable scope to start with, the WG felt it was best to push broader
generalization to a potential "v2" spec.

Regards,
Scott