[webkit-dev] Style bot complains of missing binary data in diff when deleting .png test results

Alan Stearns stearns at adobe.com
Wed Nov 30 17:20:02 PST 2011

If I delete a .png test result and I make a git diff without using the
--binary flag, the style EWS bot complains. I can see why it would complain
if I were rebasing the file - you need the binary data to see what's
changed. It makes less sense to me to add the binary data to the diff if the
file is just being deleted.

Should VCSUtils.pm detect a "... and /dev/null differ" line and let it
through? Are there dependencies on the binary data in svn-apply or other
tools?

I'm planning on replacing some pixel-based verification with reftests in the
near future, and so I'll be deleting quite a few .png files. I don't mind
slinging around all that binary data, but if it's not really needed I'd
rather leave it out.

Thanks,

Alan