[webkit-dev] Custom exception messages for IDL defined methods that raise DOMException.

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Mon Nov 14 16:44:23 PST 2011

I have a case where given an IDL defined method thats defined to raise a
DOMException, I'd like to set a custom exception message from within the
webcore implementation and have that message percolate up into script via
the bindings layer(s) and be accessible as the exception.message attribute.
I don't see a non-custom way of doing that and am wondering if there should
be support for something like this w/o having to resort to custom bindings?

The particular methods I'm looking at are the openDatabase(...) method of
DOMWindow and WorkerContext, but this seems like it might be useful in
other cases as well.