[webkit-dev] Supporting w3c ref tests and changing our convention

Alan Stearns stearns at adobe.com
Mon Nov 14 12:17:41 PST 2011

On 11/14/11 12:07 PM, "Ryosuke Niwa" <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
>> We may find we can automate (3) with a script. It sounds pretty mechanical.
>
> It appears that W3C mandates author name, etc... be included in the meta data
> as well but I guess we can add something like "WebKit Community" or "WebKit
> Authors"? W3C folks told us we can create a WebKit directory under submissions
> so we can put all tests we export from our layout tests suite there with some
> canonical author name.

AFAIK the mandate is only that there be an author link with a title and an
appropriate href. There are many examples of tests with only this author
data:

   <link rel="author" title="Microsoft" href="http://microsoft.com/" />

So I assume something like this would be fine for WebKit submissions:

   <link rel="author" title="WebKit" href="http://webkit.org/" />

Tests can have more than one author link if anyone wants to add additional
contact info.

Alan