[webkit-dev] Progressing on the Android port

Patrick Gansterer paroga at paroga.com
Fri May 13 14:12:28 PDT 2011

Am 13.05.2011 um 23:07 schrieb Lucas De Marchi:
> Humn...  now I see what you're saying. I don't know if it's worth
> because that would give the user the option to turn it on. Not all
> options work with every port and doing so will result in a build
> break.
>
> So what we did is let all options turned off by default, without
> giving the option to turn it on. This is done by letting the "#define
> ENABLE_BLAAAAA" in cmakeconfig.cmake. The macro ENABLE(BLAAAAA) will
> expand to 0 in this case. If it doesn't (like you said about GLIB,
> IMO that is a bug).

We should have some usual defaults, so not every port needs to define all of them.
E.g. SVG will work with nearly every port.
The OptionsXXX.cmake files should only override the defaults provided by OptionsCommon.cmake.
I don't think it's a good idea to maintain new/removed defines for every port.

- Patrick