[webkit-dev] How to enable WebGL on WebKit QT port?

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Tue May 3 00:36:10 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Won J Jeon <wjjeon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the update. BTW, is there any switch that I need to turn on in
> order to enable WebGL support with QT port?
>
> I built the code by using '--3d-canvas --3d-rendering' switches and
> launched QtTestBrowser by using 'run-launcher'.
> However, when I access the WebGL page, it says 'It doesn't appear your
> computer can support WebGL'.
> I already double-checked that WebGL works with chromium on my Ubuntu
> desktop.

In order to get WebGL with Qt and have good performance you must use:
+QGraphicsWebView
+QGLWidget on the viewport of QGraphicsView
+accelerated compositing
+enable WebGL
(you can enable all of this from the command line of QTestBrowser of via the
menu).

I suggest you to ask your question the mailing list webkit-qt. The main
contributors of the WebGL support of Qt are on that list.

cheers,
Benjamin