[webkit-dev] bugid in ChangeLog

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Mon Mar 28 10:44:01 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM, David Levin <levin at chromium.org> wrote:

> Here's a change that I felt worth getting someone to glance at but didn't
> feel worth the overhead of a bug:
>    http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/81305
>
> Since I was gardener and this was affecting the bots, it was a timely
> situation. (Sometimes getting in your fix right before another break comes
> in is important in these cases.)
>
> dave
>
> PS Dmitry found a flaw in my original change log text -- due to my haste, I
> originally had put in the wrong valgrind error.

This seems like the kind of thing that'd be nice to put in the bug after the
fact, no?  :-)

If the issue is simply one of overhead, then we should allow committers to
omit change logs when they're not necessary as well.  For example, no matter
how one feels about ChangeLogs, I don't think it's possible to claim it's
useful here: http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/81864