[webkit-dev] WebKit Inspector - Working with Breakpoints

Charles Pritchard chuck at jumis.com
Wed Mar 2 13:25:14 PST 2011

I've used fiddler2 in some special cases, and it's really come in handy
with experimenting on live sites.
Fiddler2 just acts as a simple http proxy, to hijack requests to
particular resources and redirect them to another location and/or local
file.

The breakpoints mechanism in WebKit inspector would actually serve me,
for the majority of cases I've used fiddler2, if it were enriched.

By enriched I mean: I'd like to be able to "save" and/or "load"
breakpoints.
And I'd like to be able to inject code into a breakpoint.

That'd do it for me. With that option, I could easily put in
"callmyNewCode(); return;"
where'ever I need to do my code hacking. And I could also save that
work, between sessions, so I can work with it later.

Are there any interested parties/ideas/or prior discussions about this
technique?