[webkit-dev] 105 bugs in pending-commit

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Sat Jun 18 13:47:05 PDT 2011

I should note that webkit-patch has some (hidden, see webkit-patch
help -a) commands for dealing with the review and commit queue
overflow:

clean-pending-commit -- obsoletes patches with r+ on closed bugs,
clears r+ on obsolete patches
clean-review-queue -- obsoletes r? patches on closed bugs
assign-to-committer -- assigns bugs with an r+'d patch to patch author
(if they're a committer)

(I just ran all 3 of those just now, they hadn't been run in probably a month.)

webkit-patch also has a couple other review/commit-related query commands:

patches-to-commit-queue -- lists patches which should be cq+'d (have
cq? or were posted by non-committers)
patches-to-review -- lists patches in pending-review

These commands are all "hidden" as part of our effort to keep
webkit-patch simple.  The first 3 should probably be run on a bot
somewhere (something Adam and I will look at next week).

-eric