[webkit-dev] Adding ENABLE_BATTERY_STATUS to WebCore

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Jun 15 10:08:00 PDT 2011

On 06/15/2011 06:58 PM, Brett Wilson wrote:

> Why would a web page care about whether the battery is being charged
> when the device is plugged in?

Hi,

aeh, first of all my mind is playing tricks and I could swear that "its
battery is being charged" was not in the isPlugged description so my comment
is void.

To answer your question (and leaving aside I am wrong about the isPlugged), in
the example[1] one uses isPlugged + charge level to change the polling
interval. My point was that just because I have a charger attached, doesn't
mean that the device is not emptying the battery (be it I do not have enough
current on the USB outlet, a USB hub...).

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/battery-status.html#examples

PS: "If the device is current plugged in" is needs probably a ly for the current.