[webkit-dev] Adding ENABLE_BATTERY_STATUS to WebCore

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Jun 15 09:30:10 PDT 2011

On 06/15/2011 06:11 PM, laszlo.1.gombos at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The use-case for us is to enable content developers to implement rudimentary power management (e.g. to stop "expensive" operations on the page, perhaps save state). I'm not sure if this API is really meant for accurately reporting all the possible power management states of the system as Anssi pointed out.

Okay, point on complexity taken. My question is what if you want to add
complexity, is there something in the event that prevents that (I have no idea
about DOM compatibility issues)? Don't get me wrong I think having more device
support is great.

My other complain was, it is too simple. E.g. 'isPlugged' has no guarantee
that the battery is getting charged. Is this a problem?