[webkit-dev] Public APIs for accessing the Javascript debugger

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Tue Jun 14 09:55:00 PDT 2011

demallien,

My sense from Oliver's response is that there aren't any plans to
start this process.  He's one of the key decision makers on this topic
and he sounds pretty negative about creating such an API.

Generally, the WebKit project tries to be careful about creating
public APIs because they constrain future development of the engine
(because we strive for API compatibility).  Although JavaScriptCore as
a whole has been around for quite a while, the debugging capability is
relatively new.

Maintaining a specially patched version of WebKit can be a lot of
work, so I can certainly understand your reluctance.  I wish you the
best of luck.

Adam