[webkit-dev] DOMCrypt

Christoph Martens cmartens at zynga.com
Wed Jul 27 00:59:22 PDT 2011

Hey Adam,

I thought it might make sense to let the user specify a private key file
(e.g. an RSA-key) that is in the browsers KeyChain.
Would that make sense to have it implemented in the DOMCryptAPI?

Otherwise I can't see many use cases, because I think encryption on a high
OSI layer just doesn't make sense for me.
If someone is able to sniff SSL/TLS encrypted packages due to nulling he
will also be able to collect enough generated data to see how the hashing
on the Browser-side works and which one will be the next hash generated -
thanks to cuda and ati stream.
But that's just my personal opinion on that.

Greets from Germany,
Chris

Christoph Martens
JavaScript Engineer, Zynga Germany
Freetime Cyanogen developer, kernel.org core dev and Metasploit hacker

Zynga Game Germany GmbH
An der Welle 4
60322 Frankfurt, Germany
cmartens at zynga.com