[webkit-dev] LayoutTests results fallback graph

Leandro Pereira leandro at profusion.mobi
Mon Jul 11 13:34:54 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
> These changes might increase the number of image baselines we store in
> the tree for "chromium-mac"-derived ports (because there will be fewer
> redundant fallback paths), but I expect that cost to be relatively
> small because essentially every port has different image baselines
> anyway.

I like this idea, in general. However, since some ports (GTK+ and EFL,
for instance) shares the same backends (Cairo, FontConfig, Pango,
etc.), pixel tests are often the same.

So, to minimize the size and maintenance effort of the LayoutTests, I
think it would be a good idea to have baselines for the backends, with
fallbacks for the ports. This of course wouldn't be a fallback tree,
but would be simpler than what we currently have.

OTOH, I'm not sure if this would help ports other than the ones
mentioned. Comments?

    Leandro