[webkit-dev] Fixing the Platform fields in Bugzilla

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Tue Jul 5 13:34:03 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Simon Fraser <simon.fraser at apple.com> wrote:

> These don't represent the suite of hardware and OSes that WebKit is used on
> these days, nor do they represent the various ports. For example, there's no
> way to indicate that a bug is in the QT port.
>
> Can we clean this up?

I agree the current fields are pretty much useless when filtering bugs.

Bugs sometimes affect multiple ports (Safari && Chromium Mac is quite
common), or multiple platforms.
I think two field allowing multiple selections: one for the port, one for
the platform, is the simplest solution and offer lots of flexibility.

If there is a dedicated field for the port, we can get rid of the port
specific components and add "WebKit API". That would be a nice improvement
for the component field. :)

cheers,
Benjamin