[webkit-dev] WebCL Release

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Tue Jul 5 10:53:19 PDT 2011

How has the WebCL spec dealt with the inherent security problems of OpenCL in the face of untrusted content?  In the WebGL working group we spent a lot of time working on how to adequately restrict GLSL|ES to prevent security vulnerabilities, and I haven't really heard anything about what approach the WebCL WG has been taking.  My concern is that OpenCL is far less restrictive than GLSL, and yet we had to clamp down on what was possible even then.

--Oliver