[webkit-dev] Using Visual Studio 2010 for Apple's Windows WebKit port

Peter Kasting pkasting at chromium.org
Mon Jan 31 12:41:58 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:

> Please let me (and the list) know if this change will cause you trouble,
> and if there's something we can do to make the transition easier.

This may make life hard on Chromium as right now we don't support building
with VS2010.  We are working on adding support (I think
http://crbug.com/25628 may be the closest bug).  I'm not sure what time
frame that will happen in.

I don't think we have any plans to drop VS2005 support.  If WebKit drops
support it may force us to do so as well.

In both cases above we're not so much impacted by vcproj/sln changes (since
we use GYP to construct our vcproj and sln files) as we are by code changes,
e.g. code that requires VS2010 to build correctly.

PK