[webkit-dev] coding style and comments

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Jan 31 00:32:49 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood at gmail.com>wrote:

> Maybe the solution here is better documentation outside the source
> code. I hope some of the more experienced WebKit developers can agree
> that there are parts of the code that are harder for new developers to
> dig into.

Can't agree more. Articles on
http://webkit.org/coding/technical-articles.html are great, and I'd love to
see more overviews of how various parts of WebKit work.

Some high-level docs that are kept updated might be nice. Of course the key
> here is keeping them updated, and if it is hard to keep source code comments
> up to date I don't know how much hope there is for outside docs.

I don't think it's realistic for us to keep it updated though because it'll
be a huge burden to WebKit contributors.  But as long as it's dated, I don't
think it'll be an issue.

- Ryosuke