[webkit-dev] Need help on running prepare-ChangeLog from git branch.

Jia Pu jpu at apple.com
Thu Jan 27 14:16:38 PST 2011

Thanks, Dirk.

I think the problem is me misunderstanding the meaning of -g option. What it does is to generate diff between specified-commit and specified-commit^. I thought it would do a diff between specified-commit and the current remote branch that master is based on.

It seems what I need to do is to squash all the commits on my branch up to the point where I branched off master. Then use -g option.