[webkit-dev] Hunspell based spellchecker

Fabrizio Machado fabrizio.machado123 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:52:56 PST 2011

Hi Hajime,

I was looking to implement EditorClientQt::checkSpellingOfString() stub for
the qt port.  This is part of an effort to enable red squiggle markers for
misspelled text.  We'd like to show the markers for any editable content
when rendering with qtwebkit based browsers.

This would rely on a spelling engine but, as qt has no spell checker,
Hunspell integration to WebCore seems appealing.

I was headed in this direction when I found this thread and I wonder if you
are still pursuing this.

Can you tell me if it is a worthwhile pursuit, or if you had problems?  I'm
interested in continuing, but give me a "heads up" if you were blocked for
some reason.

Thanks!
Fabrizio