[webkit-dev] [Qt] prefix on cross-platform bugs

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Jan 13 12:30:06 PST 2011

13.01.2011, в 11:42, Benjamin написал(а):

> We remove [Qt] from the title when bugs are not Qt specific.

Personally, I use an RSS feed for Bugzilla, so if I gloss over a [Qt] bug initially, I won't see it even after it loses the [Qt] prefix. But I think that most people have a different workflow, and will be fully served if [Qt] is removed by the time a patch goes to review.

13.01.2011, в 12:12, <prasad.adimulam at nokia.com> написал(а):

> Going forward all errors in webkit will be reported without the [Qt] prefix in the title, which would make these errors visible to large set of audience.

Having a prefix on bugs that are clearly unique to a platform is good, as it actually helps people like myself save some time by not reading them. That's of course not something that can be easily automated, and sometimes you don't know where the problem is until a fix is ready. So while we should try to make iterative improvements, there is no expectation of getting this 100% right.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov