[webkit-dev] when will pages group into different PageGroup

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Thu Feb 24 06:16:07 PST 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 1:44 AM, tomorrow chen wrote:

> I'm reading source about Page class.I found there's related class named PageGroup,which seems to group different pages into different group by name.
> Different PageGroup has different user script and GroupSetting.
>
> I wonder when will the page group into different PageGroup. If there's two apps based on webcore(one is browser,maybe),does this means there's two PageGroup?
> In my option,GroupSetting and user script is same for all the pages in browser.

Pages are assigned into a PageGroup by calling the Page::setGroupName function. All pages initially start in a unique PageGroup (i.e., each Page is in its own PageGroup). If you pass the same string to setGroupName for multiple Pages, those pages will then be put into the same group.

PageGroups only exist within a single process, so PageGroups in one application will not affect or interact with PageGroups in another application.

> Another question,shouldTrackVisitedLinks is a class member.If there's two apps,and one want to disable visistedTrack(call setShouldTrackVisitedLinks(false),it will influence the behavior of another app?

No. This state is only stored in the current process. It does not affect other processes.

-Adam