[webkit-dev] OT : interview inquiry about WebKit

Benjamin ikipou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 05:22:22 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Guillaume Belfiore
<gbelfiore at clubic.com>wrote:

> First of all : sorry if you believe this message is not appropriate. My
> intention is not to disturb you.
>
> My name is Guillaume. I work as a French journalist for Clubic.com. I am
> coming to you because I'm currently writing a paper on WebKit.
> We got to speak to various people at Mozilla, Opera Software or Microsoft
> but never had a chance to draw a clear picture of the WebKit engine even
> though its adoption seems to be growing fast lately.
>
> Basically, the idea would be to tell our readers about the history of the
> project and how the implementation of WebKit differs in Safari, Chrome,
> smartphones...Also it would be nice to understand more clearly how webKit
> differs from Gecko, Trident or Presto...
>
> I was wondering if a representative of the WebKit community would be likely
> to answer some of my (non-technical) questions?

You will not find a single representative of the whole WebKit community.
WebKit is made by several companies, everyone contributing to make one great
engine.

I suggest you to contact someone at each big contributors: Google, Apple, Qt
community, GTK community (not on this mailing list though :)).

Cordialement :)
Benjamin