[webkit-dev] Incremental steps towards moving WebCore/platform out of WebCore

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Dec 15 08:22:32 PST 2011

The namespace name Platform is OK.

I’m concerned that this is over-use of namespace and will make WebCore code overall harder to read. One of the notable features of the classes in the platform directory is that they fit in smoothly and are easy to use in WebCore. Being in the same namespace as the rest of WebCore is part of that.

If we do use a namespace, we’ll have to decide whether to use it in a conventional way or use it with the “put using in header” technique that we use, somewhat controversially, in WTF.

-- Darin