[webkit-dev] URL validating process in WebKit

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Tue Dec 13 12:07:11 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Ghita <alaoui_ghita at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I need to know how webkit validates a URL address entered by a user in the
> web browser, I tried to follow step by step the compiler, but since I'm new,
> I'm completely lost in the webkit source code, so I would like to make a
> unit test to test the validity of one URL address, how I can do this test,
> so if someone could help me, I will be very grateful

For regular WebKit, part of the validation is done KURL::init() and
the final decision of invalidating the URL is in KURL::parse().
If you use GoogleURL, look at the parsing in GoogleURL itself.

The tests for urls are in LayoutTest/fast/url.
If you are aware of a problem with parsing valid or invalid URLs,
please create a bug report on bugs.webkit.org.

Benjamin