[webkit-dev] WebKit branch to support multiple VMs (e.g., Dart)

David Levin levin at chromium.org
Wed Dec 7 09:39:10 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Dominic Cooney <dominicc at chromium.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Web Content Engine The project's primary focus is content deployed on
>> the World Wide Web, using standards-based technologies such as HTML, CSS,
>> JavaScript and the DOM.
>> --Oliver
>>

> I intended the question about whether standards compliance was a goal
> rhetorically, in that it seems to me that this goal is honored or ignored
> capriciously.

Every issue must be viewed in its own context and conflating them doesn't
help make either issue clearer unless there is concerning pattern (but one
issue isn't that).

With respect to the issue that you're passionate about, Dominic, perhaps a
more targeted conversation is in order.

best wishes,
dave