[webkit-dev] WebKit branch to support multiple VMs (e.g., Dart)

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Mon Dec 5 11:48:53 PST 2011

Looking at http://www.webkit.org/projects/goals.html, I see:
Goals
….
Hackability
To make rapid progress possible, we try to keep the code relatively easy to understand….

Non-Goals
….
WebKit is an engineering project not a science project.
For new features to be adopted into WebKit, we strongly prefer for the technology or at least the use case for it to be proven.

It sounds like you're proposing a change to the goals of the WebKit project -- namely, to use a branch in the WebKit project as a substrate for experiments with new technologies, including new technologies that might negatively impact hackability. Is that right?

Geoff