[webkit-dev] How to change an .exp file?

Xianzhu Wang (王显著) wangxianzhu at chromium.org
Fri Aug 26 20:26:39 PDT 2011

Thanks everyone.

My patch already successfully builds on Mac, because of my updated .exp file
which I thought for Windows :)

I got the impression that the not updated .exp file breaks Windows build
because I saw the following error on win-ews (now I know I should fix the
.def file):

3>Linking...
3> Creating library
C:\cygwin\home\buildbot\WebKitBuild\Debug\lib\JavaScriptCore.lib and object
C:\cygwin\home\buildbot\WebKitBuild\Debug\lib\JavaScriptCore.exp
3>JavaScriptCore.exp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private:
void __thiscall WTF::StringBuilder::reifyString(void)"
(?reifyString at StringBuilder@WTF@@AAEXXZ)
3>C:\cygwin\home\buildbot\WebKitBuild\Debug\bin\JavaScriptCore.dll : fatal
error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals