[webkit-dev] Plans to fully merge the Android port

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:14:38 PDT 2011

> I started to look into the state of the Android port/platform and the state in
> WebKit. It appears to me that the Android team at Google has decided to use
> the chromium tree as upstream (it might have changed with Android 3.0),...

On a side note, Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) is actually the beginning of
Chromium as the base for the Android port. Check out
honeycomb(-release) branch in
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/webkit.git;a=summary
and it seems that it is using 9.0.597 for the base.

Remains to be seen whether Android 2.4 (Ice Cream) uses the same
strategy or just follows the previous 2.3.

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat