[webkit-dev] WebKit Text Rendering

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Tue Apr 19 07:56:17 PDT 2011

Line breaking is done in findNextLineBreak in RenderBlockLineLayout.

There is a talk on Youtube from me which touches on some of this.

The RenderTexts get broken into lines, then the bidi algorithm is run and
then line boxes are created.  The text contents of the line boxes are passed
individually to the paint functions at paint time.

-eric