[webkit-dev] WebKit Text Rendering

Soheil Servati Beiragh sservati at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 07:48:14 PDT 2011

Hi
I'm working on text rendering of WebKit. I tried to find my path through it and I was a bit successful but I'm wondering in a gtk build when there is a large paragraph of text to be shown on screen where does the length of each line decided? I know that to show text a drawText function in the Font.cpp is called but the issue is it gets a string for each line, my question is for a large paragraph where does the code cuts the text in lines and decides the length and prepare it for drawText function?
Thanks

Soheil Servati BeiraghPhD Candidate, ECE Department,
Research Center for Integrated Microsystems,University of Windsor.Room 268 Essex Hall401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, Ontario
Canada, N9B 3P4Phone: 519-253-3000 Ext 3396Email: servati at uwindsor.ca