[webkit-dev] Collecting FPS Data from CSS Animations in WebKit

Kevin Hendry kevin.hendry at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 11:08:01 PDT 2011

I've been looking at how to collect FPS data from a webpage rendered in WebKit where the animations are due to CSS transitions.  I don't see anything there that can do this today.  Is that true?  I saw a presentation by some folks at Nokia where QtWebKit had some hooks to do this, but I don't see anything in the source tree about it.

Does anyone on this list have some information that can help me?  My current thoughts are to hook in to the Console.profile() and Console.stopProfiling() calls to get the duration and add some custom changes to the platform code in order to track the number of paints over the duration.  I'm just surprised that this isn't possible already and wondering if I'm just missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Kevin Hendry
My about.me profile.