[webkit-dev] Single location for people wanting to learn to use dev tools WAS: Blog post draft: dealing with exceptions using Web Inspector

Yury Semikhatsky yurys at chromium.org
Thu Apr 14 05:15:10 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2011, at 2:06 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
>
> Do we have a single page to point people to for learning to use the
> inspector? Would be nice if there were a page that just linked to all the
> blog posts.
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:02 AM, Yury Semikhatsky <yurys at chromium.org>wrote:
>

>> I don't see this stack trace in the inspector when i try it :-/

Good point, I should have probably added a notice that I used a slightly
modified version of the
hovercard example from the Closure library to get the errors in a real code.
Do you think it would be
appropriate? Alternatively I could serve the sources from localhost to avoid
the confusion on screenshots.

> Note that for more information on the recent features of the Web Inspector,
>> you can visit the Chrome DevTools<http://code.google.com/chrome/devtools/docs/overview.html> documentation
>> page.
>>
> It seems like it would be good to get inspector details onto webkit.org
>
> A while ago there was a discussion about open sourcing Apple Safari's Web
Inspector documentation
and having non-Apple contributors working on it. But publishing that
documentation at webkit.org
would require an approval from Apple's legal team which would likely take
for indefinitely long time.