[webkit-dev] Dropping support for WML?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Fri Apr 8 04:12:32 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:01 AM, Dirk Schulze <dirk at dschulze.com> wrote:

> If you search in the ChangeLogs, you'll see that we still get bug fixes and
> build fixes for WML.

As far as I checked, much of changes in WML are due to changes in Core DOM
and other parts of WebCore.  See
http://trac.webkit.org/log/trunk/Source/WebCore/wml

But it seems it is not the case for WML yet. Also, I am unsure if "None of
> the core ports use it by defautl" is a strong argument here.

Do you use WML? I'm simply interested in statistics not arguments for or
against the idea of dropping the feature because we're most likely going to
talk about this at the contributor's meeting.

- Ryosuke