[webkit-dev] embedding pixel result checksum in the png

Tony Chang tony at chromium.org
Tue Apr 5 16:13:14 PDT 2011

Yes, reading the checksum is the same speed as before.  We write the png
comment at the beginning of the file and only scan the first 2k of the file
for the checksum.  I also tried converting about 200 tests to use embedded
checksums and found no speed difference.

I've already updated new-run-webkit-tests, but plan on updating
old-run-webkit-tests as well since it's a small amount of code (only about
20 lines of python, I imagine the amount of perl will be similar).