[webkit-dev] Testing XHR

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Sep 20 21:55:11 PDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 9:34 PM, Luke Macpherson wrote:

> WebKit (or at least Chrome) is currently failing a bunch opera's tests
> located at: http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/
>
> It seems that it would be a good idea for us to make use of these
> tests in WebKit, so I was thinking of importing them into the
> codebase. This raises the question:
> Should we import the tests one at a time as we fix the bugs, or should
> we import the whole suite?
> The tests look like they will fit into the existing LayoutTests
> infrastructure pretty easily, but if we import the whole lot it would
> be good to figure out if it is possible to keep our copy in sync with
> Opera's, possibly along the lines of
> WebKitTools/Scripts/update-webgl-conformance-tests .
>
> Should they end up in a subdirectory of LayoutTests/http/tests? (They
> require php scripts on the server).

It would be a good idea to drop in the test suite wholesale. On the other hand, it's likely that most of this will turn into the official W3C test suite for the XMLHttpRequest spec. So we should either wait a bit, or be vigilant to avoid adding the same tests twice when we drop in the official test suite.

One possibility would be to make this a subdirectory of http/tests/xmlhttprequest.

Regards,
Maciej