[webkit-dev] Testing XHR

Luke Macpherson macpherson at chromium.org
Mon Sep 20 21:34:32 PDT 2010

WebKit (or at least Chrome) is currently failing a bunch opera's tests
located at: http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/

It seems that it would be a good idea for us to make use of these
tests in WebKit, so I was thinking of importing them into the
codebase. This raises the question:
Should we import the tests one at a time as we fix the bugs, or should
we import the whole suite?
The tests look like they will fit into the existing LayoutTests
infrastructure pretty easily, but if we import the whole lot it would
be good to figure out if it is possible to keep our copy in sync with
Opera's, possibly along the lines of
WebKitTools/Scripts/update-webgl-conformance-tests .

Should they end up in a subdirectory of LayoutTests/http/tests? (They
require php scripts on the server).

Thanks,
Luke