[webkit-dev] Path::createEllipse() - why not leverage port paths?

Dirk Schulze krit at webkit.org
Sun Sep 19 00:41:30 PDT 2010

Am Sonntag, den 19.09.2010, 09:32 +0200 schrieb Dirk Schulze:
> The main reason is DumpRenderTree.
Let me rephrase it: The only reason why we still use this logic is
DumpRenderTree.

> If we use the Path::createEllipse
> logic of the different platforms, we end up with different LayoutTest
> results on SVG between platform, since we create them by traversing the
> path data of the certain platform.
Just an examples: IIRC CoreGraphics uses cubic or qudratic curves to
draw an ellipse, Cairo uses arc and scales the path context to create an
ellipse, not sure what Skia or Qt are doing internally, but because of
the traversing of the path data, we definitely end up with different
results on DRT.

Dirk