[webkit-dev] Review tool changes

Mike Pinkerton pinkerton at chromium.org
Fri Sep 17 06:38:44 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:

> The tool has some problems on iPad.  The issue is the bottom toolbar
> uses position: fixed, which seems to be frozen to the initial viewport
> on iPad.  When you scroll, the bar stays in the middle of the page.  I
> presume there's some way to fix this.  It's on my list.

A lot of sites have this problem, it seems. What is it about the iPad
in particular that causes this issue? I doubt it's a webkit "bug" but
it manifests itself as only happening on the iPad so most site
designers end up not caring to fix, or not being able to diagnose the
problem for lack of hardware. I frequent at least two sites with this
behavior.

--
Mike Pinkerton
Mac Weenie